Monday 9 September 2013

Okada man Allegedly Defiles 5yr old, pays her 5Naira

A 28-year-old okada rider, Mr Tope Daisi,
currently being held by the police in Oyo
State over the alleged defilement of a five-
year-old girl, was said to have offered the girl
N5 which the girl used to buy sweet after the
act.
This was revealed to Crime Reports during an
interview with the victim, Sekinat (not real
names) after the suspect was arrested by
detectives from Eleyele police station.

It was learnt that though the act was committed on
Tuesday, August 27, Seki’s grandmother,
Madam Khadijat Kolapo went to the police
station on Wednesday, August 28 and
narrated how her neighbour, Daisi, lured her
granddaughter to his room when she went
out and left the girl at home.
The elderly woman further alleged that the
man stripped the girl of her cloth and defiled
her, after which he gave her N5 and warned
her to keep sealed lips.

However, the little
girl could not keep the experience and the
money she earned from her seven-year-old
cousin, Afusat (not real name), as she told
her that Brother Tope did ashewo (prostituted
with) to her.
Immediately their grandmother returned
home, Afusat told her what happened and
said that they had already used the money to buy sweet.

The Divisional Police officer in charge of the
station, Olawole Ayoola, a Deputy
Superintendent of Police, reportedly ordered
the suspect’s arrest but when interviewed, he
denied the allegation, though he could not explain why he was the one pointed at among
other men in the neighbourhood. When the
girl was taken to a hospital for medical
examination, Crime Reports learnt that the
report indicated bruises in the vaginal area
though the hymen was still intact.

Narrating her experience to Crime Reports in
her childish voice, Sekinat said:
“I was outside and he (Daisi) came to
take from our house to his room. He
spread a mat on the floor, removed my
pants and his trousers. He lay on me,
held the thing that is used to urinate
and put it in my private part. After he
finished, he warned me not to tell
anybody. He then gave me N5 and I
used it to buy sweet.”

In an interview, the Ijebu-Ode-born suspect
who disclosed that he was also a footballer,
said he was surprised that the girl pointed at
him.

According to him,
“on the fateful day, I was at Eleyele area
of the city where I normally go around
5a.m. to issue tickets to okada riders.
My football club also had a match at
Olubadan Stadium by 2pm. We were
told to report by 1.30p.m. So, at noon,
I went home on my bike to prepare. As I
was coming, I saw some children playing
with sand and one of them ran across,
in front of the bike. I stopped and beat
her but some bystanders said I should
thank God that I didn’t hit the girl. I
went home to have a shower and left for
the stadium. In the evening, I went back
to okada park and returned home
around 9pm.I was surprised when the
girl’s grandmother came to me on
Wednesday, August 28 and held on to
my shirt, saying that her granddaughter
informed her that I took her in,
removed her pants and put my organ in
her private parts. I told her it was not
true but she did not listen.”
The grandmother said she took over the care
of the little girl because her mother became
bedridden as a result of stroke she suffered.

The state’s Police Public Relations Officer,
Olabisi Okuwobi-Ilobanafor, confirmed the
story to Crime Reports, stating that the
suspect had been transferred to the State
Criminal Investigation Department, Iyaganku,
for further investigation.

Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.10

No comments:

Post a Comment