Friday 18 October 2013

I Don't Mind Showing My Body Parts But Not Nude –Actress Ella

Ella Mensah isn’t exactly a household name in Nigeria, but one to reckon with in Ghana, where she plies her trade. She was recently in Nigeria to shoot a film where she met a Vanguard reporter for a chat. Excerpts:

Tell us about yourself?

I’m Ella Mensah, a Ghanaian actress based in South Africa and Ghana. I’m doing some movie shooting right now in Nigeria. I came here for the first time on October 1st last year, and since then, I have about 30 movies. I’ve been here for a year, but I come and go. So far, I’m loving it.

What has your acting experience been like?

So far, so good. A lot of challenges here and there. When I came back , I had a baby. As a mum, I was a bit fat and it was difficult to get some roles. I had to work on myself, I stopped breastfeeding and all those motherhood things.
It took me a year to come back after that three-year break. Now I love every minute of it. It’s like I’m living my dream. This is all I wanted and it’s perfect for me.

Was your mum a single mother?

Yes, I met my dad for the first time when I was nineteen years old. That’s why we don’t have that kind of very close relationship. It was also why I tried to live his dream, be a journalist for him because I wanted him to love me. But I realised that it wasn’t worth it, my mum’s love was okay for me. So what I really plan to do with my team is to open an NGO for single
mothers.

Are you married?

I’m not married and I’m not single. I’m in a relationship. Though I’m no longer with my son’s dad. My son and his dad are in South Africa now.

What physical attribute would you say is your selling point?

(Laughs) I heard that word “selling point” for the first time in Nigeria. Most of my friends say it’s my lips and I think it’s true. Then my height, my face and my ass. People are attracted to different things. Personally, I think it’s my face ,height and lips.

Would you act nude for any reason?

No, I don’t see why I should. Fine, I don’t mind showing certain parts of my body, especially when playing a seductive role. I can wear a bum short or maybe a net top. But I’ll never go nude, not even for ten million dollars!

Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.10

1 comment: